Wake up to the sounds of the ocean waves and the birds, relax amidst the palms at the sandy terrace of the oceanfront lounge, watch whales and dolphins from every view, explore secluded beaches, enjoy the sunset and take a romantic outdoor bath for two under the moon and stars. The private accommodation at Mar al Cielo oceanfront retreat is designed for your tropical comfort, taking advantage of extraordinary views, it offers an intimate experience with nature and the pristine jungle surroundings.
In addition to complete kitchen facilities, Mar al Cielo offers specially prepared menus in delicious Traditional Mexican & Mexican Fusion style cuisine made from fresh local ingredients and our own organic garden. Combine your culinary experience with a bird watching tour or nature walk ending with whale watching at the Oceanfront Palapa Lounge. Group birdwatching tours and personalized dining experiences also available.
Each day there is a dream to be realized at Mar al Cielo and we help make your vacation dreams come true. From bird and whale watching tours, kayaking and paddle boarding excursions, day trips to nearby bird sanctuaries and hidden beaches, massages, and customized dining experiences, we help plan your perfect vacation to include all that you wish for; or just plan to relax in perfect privacy. Enjoy every moment of your oceanfront vacation retreat at Mar al Cielo.
Exotic Comfort & Cultural Style
Mar al Cielo is a private oceanfront retreat on 11 acres of beachfront jungle paradise near Lo de Marcos, Nayarit, Mexico. Unlike other hotels or resorts, this private retreat for two is privileged to those seeking an enchanting vacation experience, intimate interaction with nature and unsurpassed serene beauty all in wonderful comfort and cultural style. Committed to protecting this rare and precious environment, we offer Mar al Cielo as a place for you to explore the truly wild places that remain.
- Hotbook Magazine, 2018 - Selvatic Luxury in Riviera Nayarit
- Cosmopolitan UK, 2017 - World's Most Instagramable Hotels
- Nayarit Newsletter, 2017 - Best 10 Views of Riviera Nayarit
- Vanity Fair Magazine, 2016 - Hottest Spots in Mexico
- GQ Mexico Magazine, 2016 - Mexico para Sibaritas
- Western Living Magazine, 2016 - Places to stay in Riviera Nayarit
- Cosmopolitan UK Magazine, 2016 - Places to stay in Mexico
- Featured on Nikon's Birding Adventure TV, 2015
- Casas & Gente, 2010 - Eco-Tourism en el Pacifico